Got back from Boston Friday. Conference was amazing–energizing and inspiring. Made some decisions about the future of my company:
- We’ll now market exclusively to Inbound agencies.
- I’ll be building toward a content software platform model that will help marketers–and the companies they serve–generate large quantities of custom content much more quickly and effectively by utilizing internal SMEs.
Then I came home and slept most of the weekend. Introvert requires recharging. Now I’m ready for Monday and all that that implies.
Short-term things on my plate:
- Finish revising my novel
- Meet sales goals for September
- Nurture relationships started at Inbound conference
- Continue creating content for Scopcity
- Manage projects
Mid-term things on my plate:
- Hone marketing & sales to match new Inbound-only model
- Structure organization for scale
- Make decisions regarding new business opportunities
- Write Taming the Beast (The Inbound Marketer’s Ultimate Playbook Faster, Better Content) book
Long-term things on my plate:
- Strategize & execute on content wizard software concept
- Create strategic partnerships to support content wizard platform
I’ve got a session with my coach, thank goodness, tomorrow afternoon. So we’ll be sorting through all this and creating an actionable plan.
I also have a few things coming up that may be of interest to my followers (hi Mom, that’s you).
- Serving on a marketing panel for the Montcross Chamber Entrepreneur Summit 2014 on October 10.
- Serving on a content marketing panel for the Business Marketing Association Charlotte Chapter on November 20, link not yet available.
- Serving as a “content marketing expert” guest on the Brand Journalism Advantage podcast with Phoebe Chong Chua… some time soon (release date tba).
So that’s that. The kids are good too. I have that parenting thing going on, but I’m not doing a particularly spectacular job of it. I haven’t yelled at them lately, so that’s good. And by lately I mean in the past half hour or so.
The kids are spectacular, actually, come to think of it. They kept the house clean and the dog walked the whole time I was gone. Mostly because Carey bribed them with unlimited computer time, but still. Maybe they’ll turn out all right.